This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access the COHO website
This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, this site.
Your use of this site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use
Making Submissions to this site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to make submissions (questions, audio, photo, video or any
other content uploads whatsoever) to this site, or to make contact with other users of this site or for support
requests, you must comply with the content standards below.
You warrant that any such submission you make complies with these standards, and you will be liable to us and
indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any submissions made by you
to this site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any submission made by
you or any other user of this site.
Site Moderation Process
Subject to the below, all submissions will appear on this site as they are made by the user, and will only be
sent for moderation if a complaint is received via a notice to us.
We have the right to remove any submission you make on this site if, in our opinion, your submission does not
comply with these content standards.
Where a submission is being moderated, the submission will be hidden from the site.
You may use this site and its content only for lawful purposes. You may not use this site or the content on it:
- For any commercial purpose;
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material
or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms,
time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code
designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
You also agree:
- Not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, licence, create derivative
works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any content, software, products, or services obtained from or through
this site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of web site use.
- Not to access, modify or copy any content or information on this website using any robot, spider, scraper or
other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Not to deep-link to any portion of this website for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Not to “frame”, “mirror” or otherwise incorporate any part of this website into any other website without our
prior written authorisation;
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of this site;
- any equipment or network on which this site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of this site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We will from time to time provide interactive services on this site.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service
offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive
service provided on this site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of
the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are
under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on this site, and we
expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user
in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the
moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all submissions you make. You must comply with the spirit and the letter
of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any Submission as well as to its whole.
Submissions must not:
- Restrict any other person from using or enjoying this site in any way;
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Contain, promote, refer, or relate to sexually explicit material;
- Promote violence or contain violent material;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property right of any other
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of
- Promote any illegal activity;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Be private information of any third party, including, without limitation, surname (family name) addresses,
phone numbers, email addresses, national insurance numbers and credit card numbers;
- Be used to impersonate any person or entity, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- Contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from
another accessible page);
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act including but not limited to copyright infringement or computer
- Expose us or our affiliates or the users of this site to any harm or liability of any kind.
Rights you licence to us
Whilst you retain all of your ownership rights in your submissions, when you make submissions of any content as
part of your profile to this site, you grant us the following licenses (subject to the proper application of
applicable Data Protection Legislation to the extent that your submission contains Personal Data or would breach
- a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to: use,
reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display
and perform such submissions throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; and
- You acknowledge and agree that submissions are non-proprietary.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your
use of this site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
you are permitted to use this site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we
deem appropriate. Including:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use this site and termination of your account.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to this site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not
limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses
described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page
from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the
provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published
elsewhere on this site.
Last updated on 20 April 2020.